The start of the new school year signals the beginning of fall, and with fall comes #PumpkinEverything! The symbol of autumn, pumpkin is perfect in your seasonal cooking, baking, home décor, and room fragrances. Embrace the season of pumpkin with the following entertaining and decorative ideas.
Yummy Pumpkin Recipes
From pumpkin spice lattes to traditional Thanksgiving pumpkin pie, fall is practically defined by its delicious pumpkin treats. While pumpkin pie is always a crowd pleaser, a double layer pumpkin cheesecake is an unexpected way to incorporate pumpkin into your baking. Fluffy yet dense, this pumpkin cheesecake offers the creaminess of a cheesecake with the wonderful flavor profile of a pumpkin pie. The ingredients and directions for this yummy treat from All Recipes is below:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- ½ cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with shipped topping before serving.
And while fall is obviously the perfect time to include pumpkin into your baking, why stop there? For a change of pace, try incorporating pumpkin into your cocktails. A pumpkin pie martini is an innovative and refreshing way to get your pumpkin pie fix. Rich and creamy, this cocktail is like the Thanksgiving dessert in a martini glass. Best of all, you can enjoy this warm, delicious beverage throughout the season–not just before Thanksgiving dinner. Follow the link to No Spoon Necessary for ingredients and directions.
For many people, a change in the weather means a change in their home decor. Embracing the symbols and colors of the season is the perfect way to capture the thrill of fall at home–and nothing is more emblematic of autumn than the pumpkin. A festive pumpkin patch garland festooned around your entryway is a wonderful way to bring brightness, warmth, and whimsy to your home. For all of your fall entertaining, real pumpkins always make perfect autumnal centerpieces; however, these soft fabric pumpkins (shown in photo above) will add a touch of rustic charm to your dinner table year after year.
Sweet Pumpkin Scents
The smell of pumpkin is perhaps the easiest way to evoke the season. Using pumpkin scents in your home quickly transforms your space into a fall paradise. Try this Pumpkin Peppercorn candle sold at The Company Store®—it’s spiced with sweet peppercorn, roasted cinnamon bark and a twist of tangy citrus for a cozy and pleasant atmosphere.
With the start of autumn just around the corner, be certain to welcome the new season with a healthy dose of #PumpkinEverything!