Father’s Day is the perfect time for the family to show Dad how much they appreciate him. Make the day extra-special by letting him enjoy it without chores, deadlines, or major decisions. Spend time together as a family without worrying about returning emails, answering the phone, or running errands.
A simple but effective way to do this is to create a relaxing spot where Dad and the rest of the family can come together and enjoy some no-pressure quality time. This will help Dad experience a Father’s Day full of relaxation and warm memories that he will carry with him in the years to come! Read on to learn how you can set up a little haven for Dad to have his best Father’s Day yet!
- Pick the right spot: the living room, Dad’s basement man-cave, or even the backyard hammock
- Make the area warm and comfy-cozy with plenty of soft blankets and throw pillows–just don’t be surprised if Dad celebrates Father’s Day with a long nap! If you decide to set him up with The Company Store’s Cloud Blanket, that might be all he wants to do.
- Create an even more relaxing mood by hanging up a strand or two of Christmas lights (maybe in Dad’s favorite color?)
- Get the family together for a movie–and be sure to let Dad choose the flick!
- Spoil him with some indulgent snacks, like these Passion Bars from allrecipes.com:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups quick-cooking oats, 1 cup all-purpose flower, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Cut 3/4 cup of softened butter into the bowl to create a crumbly mixture; set aside 1 1/2 cups of this mixture
- Pat the rest of the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking pan
- In another bowl, stir together 1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk and 3/4 cup of peanut butter; spread evenly over the oatmeal layer
- Sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips over peanut butter mixture; top with the rest of the crumbly mixture
- Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown; allow to cool completely, then cut into bars
(Pictured: the Engravable Craft Beer Glasses available at The Company Store. This striking beer glass set includes one each: thick-based Tall Pilsner, shapely Munique Chalice, smoothly tapered Classic Pub and distinctive Belgian Beer glasses).
- Top off the day with a few thoughtful gifts. Before the big day, have the kids make cards in which they can write or draw pictures to express their love for Dad. Put together a photo album or collage of family memories. You could also surprise him with the personalized craft beer glasses from The Company Store—perfect to use when serving him his favorite beverage! If Dad isn’t a beer lover, The Company Store has a wide array of other engravable gifts.
Remember that Father’s Day should be about quality over quantity. Follow these simple tips to give your dad an incredible Father’s Day that the whole family can remember fondly for many years to come!