Getting organized in the bathroom doesn’t have to mean white plastic shelves or cramming more stuff into your medicine cabinet. Here are a few tips that boost your storage sense and add to your bathroom’s style sense, too:
- Tight on space? Floating shelves make great use of wall space and keep things off tiny countertops. Place just a few items on each shelf for a clean, uncluttered look.
- Put color to work. Light paint colors on the walls and bright chrome accessories will help a small bathroom seem larger and more spacious.
- Make use of overlooked space. Add hooks to the back of your door, or place a kitchen pot rack in an unused corner.
- Look beyond the big box stores. If you think all the storage products at the big linen stores look similar (that is, boring) bring in pieces from elsewhere in your home or office and repurpose them for your bath. A wooden desk organizer from the office can be painted white to become a vanity organizer. A kitchen hanging rack for cookware can hold towels or bath accessories. A chrome desk lamp looks uber-stylish moved onto the bath counter.
- It’s OK to put things on your counter — if you’ve got plenty of counter space, and you do it with style. Scattering a variety of baskets or dishes on your counter can give a sense of style while giving order to things like soaps, hand towels, accessories, and such. Add a couple of framed photos of friends or loved ones, for a personal touch.
- Got a free-standing pedestal sink? Add a skirt in a colorful chintz and you get a sweet cottage-style design element and some hidden storage. Simply purchase a couple yards of fabric and attach with adhesive Velcro® tape.
- If you’re a neat freak and you can invest in some pretty matching towels and such, consider open cabinets or shelves. There’s something about a lovely stack of freshly laundered towels that gives the feeling of a spa or fancy hotel bathroom. Either way, the mood can be inviting and sophisticated.
Reader Rating: 0 Votes
About Cristina Rinaldi
You May Also Like