Believe it or not (put down that ice scraper!), spring is already here. And when that first warm air starts flowing, when the sun starts shining and when the flowers start blooming (we can dream, right?), you’re going to want to get outside as soon as possible. Get organized now so you’re ready to roll when the weather changes!
- Start planning for planting. Nothing transports you on a snowy winter day like perusing seed catalogs or clicking on gardening websites. Make a list of flowers or vegetables you’d like to try this year, and be sure to choose varieties that will thrive in your climate.
- Power wash your patio or deck. If you don’t own a power washer, you can rent one easily – call around to local rental centers now to find the best price. If you’re feeling really optimistic, you can even make a reservation!
- Clean your patio furniture. Even if it’s been covered or stored safely in your garage or shed, furniture will still need a cleaning with soap and water.
- Clean your grill, inside and out. When the mood hits for that first barbequed steak, you’re not going to want to spend time scrubbing and scraping.
- Pick-up stray sticks and leaves, trim back shrubs or bushes that look scraggly.
- Add fresh mulch to flower beds and other landscaped areas. Not only will this give your patio or deck a beautiful, cleaned-up appearance, but it will protect young shoots as they sprout in early spring.
- Shop catalogs and websites for attractive accessories to give your deck, porch or patio the feeling of an outdoor living space.
Most importantly, don’t give up hope! Winter was tough all over the country, and one thing we’re sure that means… it’s gonna be a great spring!
Reader Rating: 0 Votes